How do I replace the front panel on my DVD player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

The display on my panel has gradually been getting worse. I don't know what the deal is, but the letters are starting to disappear. It's really annoying to see

OP N

or

1: 3:32

Should I do it myself or send it to Best Buy to get it fixed?

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Is the unit under warranty? If it is, take it to Best Buy and get it fixed. If not, it's probably more worthwhile to toss it and get a new player, unless it's a high-end (pricey) player to begin with. What kind is it?

The display is usually soldered in and isn't user replaceable. It would require replacement by a service center, or just replace the entire player.

KJP

3. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I think it is under warranty, although I'm not sure of where it ther receipts are and whatnot.

The thing is, my player works fine, but I'm worried whether or not this can lead to a bigger problem.

4. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

If the problem is with the display itself, any further problems should be limited to the LED display.

Sometimes, though, these symptoms can point to a microprocessor problem. If no other symptoms appear in the short term, you're probably okay... if you can live without the display.

Unless the player is high-end, or it's under warranty, it will cost more to fix than the player is worth.

-Scott