How do I remove the Gas Smell from inside my car

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DanielKellmii, Oct 21, 2005.

1. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

I went to the gas station to fill two 5 gallon cans of gas for the hurricane. Unfortunetly, some gas leaked out, not much, but enough to make the interior of the minivan smell. Does anybody have any suggestion as to getting rid of the smell?
    Thanks.

2. Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr Screenwriter

MichaelK
    Sorry Daniel, but this is the worst type of odor to get rid of. I had a small amount of gasoline spill in the trunk of my car a year or so ago. The odor was so strong I'd get a headache and nothing I tried using to clean it would remove the odor. It just seemed to mask it for a short time. I even had the carpeting in the trunk professionally scrubbed and cleaned and that proved to be no help either. Ultimately what I had to do was bring it to an auto detailer that advertised problem odor removal. Basically what they did was keep my car overnight and sealed it airtight with an ionizer inside. I'm no scientist, but they said something about destroying the molecules and bacteria that causes odors. Sounded like quackery or something I'd see on an infomercial, but the bottom line is it worked as advertised. When I picked up the car the next day, the odor was completely gone...permanently.

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

4. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

To paraphrase Michael Reuben....[c] ***NO...NEW...GAS..SMELL..THREADS***! [/c]

[​IMG]

Maybe these Heloise threads can be merged.

5. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    That gasoline smell....smells like, Victory.

6. MikeSelis

MikeSelis Auditioning

Just give it time to air out, eventually the smell will go away, but I can't estimate the timeframe.

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

When my dad spilled in his old pick-up, the odor lingered until he traded it in for his Camry.

8. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Try placing some charcoal inside the car.(no..not trying to be funny and having a barbeque) It usually gets rid of odors inside refrigerators and closets.