1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I Protect my Home Theater System?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven Spargo, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Steven Spargo

I live in Florida, the lightening capitol of the world.
    What kind of surge protector do you recommend to protect the 32 in Sony XBR, Onkyo 595, Sony 670D DVD player, and ascend acoustics CBM 170's plus HSU VTF -2 sub - woofer?
    I'm tired of unplugging for every afternoon thunder storm.
    Thanks

2. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

Many Panamax surge protectors have a $5 million guarantee against damage due to surges and/or lightning. I've had pretty good success with them over the years (although I've never had a lightning strike at my house!).

3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

For a minute there when I read the Subject line I was going to say Steven a 44 Magnum. [​IMG] But now that I have read your post I would have to say that Panamax makes some really nice models check out the 1000. Or look into the higher end Monster systems 2000, & 3000.
    Also make sure that your house has a good grounding Rod and if it doesnt put one in.
    KyleS

4. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Second Unit

Stephen,
    For just surge protection I would recommend you check out Brick Wall at http://www.pricewheeler.com/
    And maybe Furman.com
    For just surge proctection I would say Brick Wall can not be beat.
    What is your price range?
    ------------------
    Joe C.
    quote:Who's scruffy looking?
    My biscuits are a burnin.

5. Seung Kim

Seung Kim Agent

Definitely recommend Monster HTS 2000. It costs $200 and it's worth every penny.
    Even great audiophiles recommend this model such as Robert Harley from The Absolute Sound.
    [​IMG]