1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I prevent my receiver from interfering with my television picture?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek_H, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Derek_H

Derek_H Auditioning

My receiver seems to add interference to the broadcast picture signal on my television. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening? Do I have to move the coaxial tv cable or buy some thing else?

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

No, it should not be doing that. Somewhere, there is a misplaced cable. That usually happens when two cables with different frequencies cross each other. Moving the power cords usually will fix it. You could also try to move a few others.
    You didn't say where your source is coming from. This can happen if things are not properly grounded too. CATV is good at this. (Or for not doing this!) [​IMG] If this is a new set up, take the cable out and try a set of rabbit ears.
    If all else fails, start disconnecting plugs that are not presently being used. This would indicate a bad cable. If you can, move the receiver over to the other side of the TV.
    Hope that helps Good hunting
    Glenn