What's new

How do I prevent my receiver from interfering with my television picture? (1 Viewer)

Derek_H

Auditioning
My receiver seems to add interference to the broadcast picture signal on my television. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening? Do I have to move the coaxial tv cable or buy some thing else?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
No, it should not be doing that. Somewhere, there is a misplaced cable. That usually happens when two cables with different frequencies cross each other. Moving the power cords usually will fix it. You could also try to move a few others.
You didn't say where your source is coming from. This can happen if things are not properly grounded too. CATV is good at this. (Or for not doing this!) :) If this is a new set up, take the cable out and try a set of rabbit ears.
If all else fails, start disconnecting plugs that are not presently being used. This would indicate a bad cable. If you can, move the receiver over to the other side of the TV.
Hope that helps Good hunting
Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks