What's new

how do i move my dish 3 degrees????? (1 Viewer)

Once in a while (like right now) I am unable to get certain channels. The message is searching for signal. When I checked the signal strength the even transponders are not showing any signal strengths while the odd ones are. I am getting the message to move the dish 3 degrees. I didn't install it myself so I have no idea how to move the dish 3 degrees. Can anybody help me with easy to follow instructions?

Bob Dycus

Grip
The problem you are describing sounds like an LNB/receiver problem. Don't move your dish.
If it is newly installed, get the installer back out there.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
If you're getting even transponders but not odd transponders then it could be a cable problem. The LNB is powered by a DC voltage on the center conductor of the cable. The voltage is different for even and odd transponders, the LNB switches polarity depending on the amount of voltage. A cable fault could cause it to work fine with one voltage but fail with the other, causing you to receive only the even transponders or only the odd transponders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks