What's new

How do I hook up my computer to a Hitatchi F510 (1 Viewer)

Todd Jamison

Auditioning
HI, I have recently purchased a Hitatchi 57F510, I want to hook my computer up to it. The f510 series comes with an HDMI input and my Radeon 9800 Pro has a DVI output ... is it truly as simple as getting a DVI to HDMI cable????? I imagine there is a lot more that I have to do ... has anyone done anything like this before???

Appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks

Todd Jamison

Miles M

Agent
Dare I say, read the owner's manual. The section in front labeled Rear Panel Jacks has a note under the HDMI Input section that says:
The HDMI input is not intended for use with personal computers.

Jeff_Smith

Auditioning
I have the same notice on my 62" Toshiba DLP. HDMI jacks not intended for PCs. Has anyone tried it?

Why can't it be used?

Todd Jamison

Auditioning
I read somewhere that you need some software package to regulate the timing of the signal so that it is compatible with your television. I am hoping that is why the manual states that the HDMI port isn't intended to be used with a computer ... the manufacturer doesn't want to deal with supporting this issue ... I would love to hear from someone who has actually done this (or at least attempted it) and hear their opinion.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'm less familiar with digiatl outputs (DVI) from computers, as I run RGB to a CRT projector, but the software you are talking abotu is Powerstrip. It's available free for trial, and you can register it to get rid of the annoying startup message. It allows you complete control of resolution, refresh, porches, etc.

I don't know about HDMI, I haven't even seen that on computer cards, but then again, I don't follow the digital connection stuff as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks