What's new

how do I hook up dish network... (1 Viewer)

agracing17

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony Giugliano
to my projector? I am trying to get the projector to display tv2, but I can't get it to work. when hooked up to a regular tv, the tv must be on channel 60 in order to work. I tried to hook the coaxial into a vcr and then into the projector, but that did not work. what am I doing wrong?

spinnell71

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
I am planning on doing the same thing. I haven't bought a projector or sound sytem yet. From what I've read it should work with VCR or RF demodulator. I am not an expert though. Let me know what your setup looks like and if you get it to work properly.

Sean

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
It's pretty simple, depending on what Dish receiver you have. I have the 211 HD receiver hooked up to my projector. What Dish receiver do you have? It sounds like you're trying to run a TV and a projector from the same Dish receiver?

Abel1337

Grip
Real Name
James Maureen
Call the DISH guy to come in and set it up. You have to have a bunch of special tools that can find proper signals and a lot of other hassels

Abel1337

Grip
Real Name
James Maureen
Why dont you just call the guy to come in and do it for you? He has all the proper tools and such

spinnell71

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
I've called dish at least 3-4 times regarding setting up a projector from TV2 and they are clueless. One tech said that it couldn't be done.

Any recomendations on a low-medium budget projector for this set up with decent picture? Not planning on HD since signal is coming from TV2 coax and don't want to buy another receiver now (maybe later). Just want it to go upstairs so my wife can watch occasional tv (when she gets tired of my NFL, PGA tour).

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
spinnell71, I recommend you wait to buy a projector until you get a HD sat. receiver. The image with SD satellite will be AWFUL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks