how do I hook up an external plate map to my SVS???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Fineberg, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

I bought a parts exp. plate amp but I can't get it to power my cs svs. I put the sub out from my reciever tot he line in on the amp. I then put the high pass out to the sub and nothing!! m I doing somthing wrong?? or is it the amp?? I need help Please!!!
    -B

2. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

you mean those tiny little wires sticking out?? I am going to hook those things up to 12 gauge wire?? Idf that is the case I will send it back..

3. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

Yes. You must hook up the amplifier's speaker outputs to the CS. The way you have it currently hooked up only passes a lower power, line level signal (unamplified) high frequency passed version of the low passed subwoofer channel. Basically, you've taken the high frequencies (which where already largely removed by the receiver) and passed what little squeaked by the high pass filter in the plate amp on to the power hungry subwoofer. Won't work that way. Hook up the amplified speaker outputs and you'll be fine. AC power is hooked up as well, right?
    ------------------
    Guy Kuo
    www.ovationsw.com
    Ovation Software, the Home of AVIA DVD

4. Brian Treinen

Brian Treinen Stunt Coordinator

Which PE plate amp did you get? I got the 250W amp and coming from the amp board on the amp there were two twist tied wires, one red, one black both 16gauge I think. They were by no means tiny or thin wires. The wires were silver in color however so I'm guessing they were something other than copper (how astute huh?). I just set this up last week and it's working wonderfully. My amp even came with the bass boost disabled so I didn't have to fart around with replacing the resistors.
    Good luck, email me if you have any questions.