How do I hook up a Fidek 3002 amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonWaddington, Aug 21, 2002.

1. JasonWaddington

JasonWaddington Stunt Coordinator

Its the one that used to come with SVS. It has two connectors on the back, one looks like a headphone jack and the other looks like a three pronged computer cable. How do I connect this to my receiver? I assume I run a y-connector from the receiver to the two channels, but what sort of cable do I use between the receiver and the amp???

2. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

you need to get 1/4 phono plug to RCA adapters. Radio Shack sells em for a cpl bucks..

3. JasonWaddington

4. JasonWaddington

I am going to receive two SVS 25-31cs subs tommorow. I already have the amp, but i want to know what kind of speaker cable is best to connect the amp to the subs? Do I need thick cable or will some fairly thin cable do the job? Also, do I need a nice y connector to split the signal from the lfe? and do I need nice rca to 1/4" interconnects? or should I use a rca to 1/4" adapter and nice subwoofer cable? do the cables really matter?

5. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Jason,

I have a nice Monster RCA to 1/4 13 ft cord. Would let it go for $25 shipped to you.

LMK

Earle

I would include all neccesary cords for connection to your amps so that you could use both channels.

6. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Plus an extra ziener dioode I have laying around so that you can do the Fidek Fix.

7. JasonWaddington

sounds like a deal. do you live in wallingford seattle?...if so i can make it by today after the NEC and pick it up with the cash on the spot. just email mail your address to me at [email protected]
    thanks!

8. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor