How do I hook this up? Receiver --> sub amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by TimDean, Aug 20, 2005.

1. TimDean

TimDean Extra

I am new to this HT stuff, this is my first setup.
    I purchased a Yamaha RX-V757 receiver (7.1 , 100w x 7) and I purchased a Crown CE1000 amp (2/1 channel bridgable, 1100 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged) for my 18" avalanche sub.
    Now, the receiver has a single rca jack for the sub output, but the amp does not have rca inputs. It has a barrier strip for bare wire inputs or 3-pin XLR inputs. How do I connect my one rca cord into this amp?
    Will this be a balanced or an unbalanced signal? The amp will be bridged, so that only requires the channel 1 to be hooked up.

Anything else I need to know about this? I have user manuals for both pieces of equipment, but they dont mention how these two go together. I am not an engineer. ha

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. TimDean

TimDean Extra

oh sorry, you can move this to the tweaking and connections forum if you want to..

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

I believe you can buy a male RCA to male XLR cable for $15 or so. I just did a Google search and the top hit seemed to have the product you need. The company is cablestogo.com

You will have an unbalanced connection as the feed from your receiver is unbalanced.

I can't think of anything else you need to know.

4. John S

John S Producer

That's it... They make adapters as already stated.