What's new

how do i get the best picture on my tv with this setup? (1 Viewer)

Matt26

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
i currently have a PC with an ATI Radeon 9250 128MB AGP video card hooked up to a Citizen 27" CRT tv (model JCTV2700) using S-video directly from the video card to the tv.

i am using the ATI Catalyst software to configure the display settings for how the PC screen is displayed on the tv, but so far i haven't been able to get a really clear or detailed picture. i have my resolution (on the PC) set to 640x480 which makes the picture a bit more readable but i would still like to improve it if possible.

the Catalyst software seems to detect the TV as well since it gives me options for setting the detection, positioning etc on the TV.

can anyone provide any tips or suggestions on how i can improve the picture quality for my PC on my TV, if at all possible?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
It's just not going to be possible to get good picture on an old 480i CRT TV. What you have, 640x480 over S-video is as good as you'll be able to get. Different video card may or may not give marginally better output but it won't be dramatic.

Save up for an LCD HDTV with PC input if you want clear picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks