What's new

How do I get rid of the logon screen from XP? (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Everyone time I reboot XP, I have to click "OK" to get pass the "Administrator" logon screen. Before I d/l the SP1, I didn't have to do this. How do I get rid of this annoying boot up screen?

PS - I tried to delete the Administrator user account, but the options prevent me from doing so.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Open your Control Panel and Double click on User Accounts. Next click "Change the way users log on and off" check the Use Welcome screen. If you only have the one account it should kick right into Windows. (Note that you will have to remove the password to have it automatically kick in). If this feature is already on then you can turn it on if you are the only user and have the classic startup Window.

KyleS

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I second the vote for TweakUI. Also you should create a separate account for loging on to the computer and give it administrative rights. That way if that account profile gets corrupt you can log back on with the built in administrator account.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
For some reason, I cannot get Tweak UI to install. I get an "Entry Point Not Found" error message when trying to install the file.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
go too start---->run----> type gpedit.msc and you will find options too disable anything within windows xp. this will only work under winxp pro or win2000 if you have xp home that command doesnt exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks