What's new

How do I get Progressive Scan on my 65i Sony? (1 Viewer)

LouieT

Grip
Some of you guys might laugh at me for this, but oh well. I've had the Sony KDP65XBR HDTV widescreen for a few months now. I'm pretty sure it's a progressive scan TV, but not too sure. I've been using a Phillips 825 player (which is pretty old), but I recently bought a Malata 520 all region player. My question is, each time I select the "progressive scan" set up in the Malata, my picture turns to black and white and I have a hard time getting it back. Is there a problem with my set up or do I just not have a progressive scan TV?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The Malata may not be compatible--it's all-region circuitry is not working with your NTSC set. The Macrovision copy-protection is causing the problem. You need some way to to scan at PAL frequencies. (I assume you have connected the DVD player directly to your display. You're not trying to run it through a VCR are you?)

LouieT

Grip
I'm connecting it directly to the receiver, then through to the TV, by component cable. Is this wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks