What's new

How do I get my PC signal to my TV? (1 Viewer)

Chad Sunderland

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I just ordered myself a new computer that is going to be hooked up to my home theater system exclusively. The PC is an HP a1750y running Vista Home Premium. The video card is a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE which has VGA, DVI & S-Video outs.

My TV is a Pansonic 53WX42 53" RPTV. The TV does not have DVI, or HDMI inputs, but it does have Y'PbPr component inputs.

Is there anyway I can covert either the VGA or DVI outputs of the video card to Y'PbPr component or am I stuck using the S-video?

I see there are adapters for ATI cards available on the market, but as of yet I have not seen anything for NVIDIA cards. Thanks!

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I believe what you want is a "VGA Breakout" cable. One end is VGA which plugs into your PC. The other end is a set of component cables. I've heard they can be expensive ($100+) but that was some time ago.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Considering you already may have a long component cable lying around (or can get one cheap), you might want to just get a decent adapter - It gets a bit expensive (as Rob mentioned) if you buy a decent/long cable with component on one end and VGA on the other. But definitely do a search for "VGA to Component" and you'll find a ton.

p.s. My above link was just an example. I have no clue as to what a decent quality adapter would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks