How do I get high quality photos on my HDTV?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by KenG, Apr 10, 2004.

1. KenG

KenG Auditioning

I have a Mitsubishi 55 inch rear projection HDTV (Model WS-55859) with Firewire and component video inputs, and a collection of digital photos on a PC running Windows 2000 and Adobe Album 2.0. I would like to use the HDTV to display the photos with the full HD quality. Idealy, I would like to do it in real time so I can select the photos via Adobe Album and have the HDTV act as a high resolution monitor. However, an alternative would be to generate a Slide Show via Adobe Album and transfer the file to the HDTV via some intermediate device, perhaps using the Network my computer is on. I would appreciate any suggestions re the hardware and software I would need to do this. Thanks.

2. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Michael Cucka's link looks good to me.

I believe Sonic Slide show will do a MPEG-2 version that will play on your stand alone dvd player.

Otherwise, you will need an advanced video card to output the correct signal/format to your tv inputs and have a computer near by to send the signal. These cards are not cheap. If all you have is component in on your TV, then the search may be long. I could not find the ATI card with component out. As far as DVI, you will need to buy a card that will output tv/HDTV DVI and have a DVI on your TV. Not all DVIs are equal. Good Luck!
    PS/ Check the Microsoft search. They have a new program out that does High Definition that may help you.

PS/PS I see you have a firewire! That is for direct playback of your Camcorder/Camera pics. You can create a show and record it on your memstick/tape and play it back on your camera. That will be high resoultion but not HDTV to my knowledge. I believe that the SAT dishes use DVI connections.

http://estore.sonic.com/eng/mydvd/st...e.asp?lang=eng