What's new

How do I get cable TV in surround mode? (1 Viewer)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I believe it is because the modulators would cost more than the entire VCR to output stereo
Well that's what I thought also,since I'm not getting any stereo or surround through my VCR[it's a HI-Fi stereo unit,and the sound bocomes mono on even of the recorded material],since I got digital cable.
the funny thing when I just used an indoor antenna there was no problem,so it makes me wonder about this modulator "theory".
Any ideas?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
The only way to get stereo audio from a HI-FI Stereo VCR is to use the RED & WHITE RCA AUDIO "OUTPUT" Jacks.

As for the RF Cable Output, it will not ouput stereo audio from the VCR from the PLAY MODE or the VCR's own BUILT-IN TUNER but it will pass through stereo audio onto the tv from a stereo cable box.

AS for the Audio Output on your Sony TV there should be a setting in the menu system to change the AUDIO OUTPUTS to "Variable" or "Fixed"

VARIABLE = The tv volume can be adjusted by using the TV's remote control or the receivers remote control.

FIXED = Only the receivers remote control can adjust the volume.

The FIXED Audio Output Option is the best one to use because the audio is not going through any of the tv's own internal audio circuits (Amplifier, Balance, Tone Controls & versions of the tv's own Surround Sound Options).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks