What's new

How do I get better TV signal (1 Viewer)

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
I'm just running a regular TV. I have an RCA antenna I bought from Home Depot. How can I enhance my signal, because all the stations are pretty fuzzy.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
You can check www.antennaweb.org to see which stations you should be able to pick up. It will also tell you what kind of antenna you should get. (Since you already have an antenna, you can see if you have the right kind.)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Even the best antenna in the world won't be able to overcome obstructions in the signal path: tall buildings, hills, trees, mountains, etc. But free TV is hard to beat, given the general mediocrity of most cable programming.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I did this and am told I need a Violet Antenna but no where can I find where this correlates to a particular model.

What am I missing?

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Violet is extremely weak signal, so thats why it would be hard to find an antenna to receive it. If its a UHF channel, your best chance would be with the larger highest gain Channel Master model 4228 8x bowtie antenna plus the Channel Master model 7777 preamp. Even with that solid reception isn't guaranteed, but its the best chance for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks