How do I find a good Personal Trainer

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Phil_L, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

My gym offers personal trainer services but I wasn't impressed. Any suggestions on where to begin?

2. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Depending on what you're looking to do, you'd probably be better off without one. Of the dozens of trainers I've seen come and go from my gym maybe 2 have a decent knowledge of how to build muscle.

Most trainers are taught (if they've been taught at all) to use low wieght/high reps to avoid injury risk and being sued but those programs don't know much of anything about getting stronger or leaner.

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Find the biggest juice-junkie in the gym and do what he does ('cept the H.G.H. of course).

But basically it'll be Training to failure, mixed with eating mostly eggs, and sprinkle in going to the gym twice daily after 6 months.

Soon you too shall have arms like legs, and legs so thick you'll have to wear goofy balloon pants all the time. [​IMG]

4. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

The trainers at the Gold's Gym I go to in downtown LA are extremely knowledgable, professional, and very qualified. I however, being the mountain of magnificence that I am, do not require their aid.

5. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

How true (most, not all).....

Train heavy, intensly, and with strict form. Give yourself lots of rest and remember that your diet is more important than rest or training. You grow after you workout and this is where your diet comes in.

I second finding the biggest baddest guy (or woman) around and asking them for advise. They obviously know what works (so long as it's steroid free).