What's new

How do I delete my entire hard drive from my morpheus folders? (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I was trying to copy some files from my computer too my morpheus folders. I ended up clicking "copy all" and apparently that meant everything in my hard drive. This means over 44,000 files, documents, pictures, videos... are clogging up my morpheus. I wasn't able to stop the process and deleting them one by one is an absolute last resort. Since all that stuff is there, it's very slow to respond, and simply highlighting a file takes 10 times longer than normal. I have tried deleting everything to do with morpheus off my computer so I could try starting over from scratch. That didn't work. It remembered me when I re-installed and started copying everything all over again. I wasn't given a chance to enter any passwords or sign-in names.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ike

Screenwriter
You actually put it in the Morpheus folder, or you clicked it as a "Share from this folder?" In other words, did the location of the files change to the Morpheus directory?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Just move whatever you want to keep out of the folder and delete the whole folder. Then create a new folder, and tell morpheus to share that one.

-V

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Thanks for the help guys. Did the deleting of the folder thing, but its so strange. As soon as your using Morpheous it starts copying.

The truth is it happened to my friend and he's at wit's end trying to figure out what the hell is going on. He accidently hit "copy all" and thats how this mess started. I just let him use my account here on HTF to see what we could come up with. Now though, I figure he's learning lots about his new PC right now trying to fix this problem...he'll figure it out.

Eventually.

Thanks for the advice, he'll be checking the forum and trying these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks