What's new

How do I daisychain 2 cd players?? (1 Viewer)

Derek B

Stunt Coordinator
I want to buy a second cd changer for my house and I want to know how to daisy chain two units together. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
--Skater

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Assuming by daisy chaining, you mean actually selecting and controlling the discs via a unified command method, basically, the players have to be designed for this function.
For example, my Sony ES 200 disc CD changer will tie together via a special connection on the back to another Sony unit with the same connector. My Pioneer Elite DVD player will daisy-chain with either another Pioneer DVD changer of the same type (having the same disc management facility) or a Pioneer CD changer of the same specified type.
But, I cannot hook up my Sony to be controlled by the Pioneer, or vice versa. They just aren't designed to work together that way.
However, if you mean SIGNAL pass-through, so you only have to use one input on your receiver, while controlling each unit from its own front panel or remote, if one of the units has a signal-in port, and doesn't require parallel hookup of the "control" circuit to activate the signal-in port, then the hookup shouldn't be a problem. Just don't try to play discs from both units at the same time; this hookup will not serve as a "digital mixer". (And if neither unit has a signal-in port, the point is moot. You would then need a separate input for each changer.)
Good luck!
Burke

Derek B

Stunt Coordinator
Ahhh.
I was talking about the latter part of your reply. In order to use two CD players via the same input port on my receiver I would probably need to get a splitter for the RCA cords?
That way I would be able to play either cd in the same port, but not at the same time, right?
Will this create any type of noise or damage the players because the low voltage signal would be sent from one cd player to both the receiver and the other cd player at the same time? I am assuming that both cd players are turned on at the same time (I know that if only the one playing is on then it will be ok).

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Hey Derek
Welcome to the HTF.
Burke responded to this thread in two different forums. This is actually the correct one. In the future please limit your new threads to a single area. I'm closing the second thread and moving this one to the Hardware area.
Thanks.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."
[Edited last by Jay Mitchosky on August 07, 2001 at 09:57 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks