What's new

How do I convert something hidden before a track into MP3? (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I have a CD with a hidden track on it. However, it is hidden at like -1:40 on the first track. Is there any way to convert that part of the song into MP3?

In case it helps, the CD is Losing Streak by Less Than Jake.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
-Rip the entire song to your harddrive with Exact Audio Copy (would it get the hidden track?)
-Use Goldwave or another sound editor to cut out the part you want.
-Use EAC or another program to convert to Lame mp3.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Remember that this hidden track starts in the NEGATIVE time before track one. EAC starts ripping at the 0:00 mark, and I need it to start at like the -1:40 mark.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
That's what I was afraid of but I googled this. The guy says you can tinker with EAC's settings to get a hidden track, but he downloaded a program called Feurio which was able to do it. Another link.

I just remembered how annoying those hidden tracks are. :angry:

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
You can use a realtime recording program like CoolEdit and play the track with any CD player program (do you just rewind from the beginning of the track to get to it?). Once you get to the hidden track, click record on your recording program and play the CD. It'll save as a .wav, but you can convert from there.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

Thanks for those links! I spent quite some time trying to rip a hidden track by TMBG. Hopefully one of those solutions will work. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Well if there was they wouldn't be hidden anymore so the list would cancel itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks