What's new

How do i connect my TV to my 5.1 Home Theater System? (1 Viewer)

Oscar

Second Unit
The other day, i went to Circuit City and they were broadcasting CBS news on the TV, but they had a Phillips HT system connected to it, and the sound from the program was coming from those speakers.

Any idea on how i can connect my TV to the HT?.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Oscar,

As far as I know, there are two possible ways you could do this. The first is to check to see if your TV has audio output jacks. If it does, you can hook those from the TV straight into the HT system. If the TV does not have these jacks, don't give up all hope just yet. An alternate method is to run your cable or ant. signal through a VCR. Then tune channels through the VCR and use a set of audio outs to connect the VCR to the HT system. Hope this helps!

Brandon Smith

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, Oscar, again: What kind of TV do you have, and does it have audio-output jacks in the back? If so, that's your answer.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Oscar, how do you get your TV signal -- antenna, cable, dish, satellite? That may affect how you connect to your HT.

M.

Chris Hiter

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the ONkyo SR600 and it doesn't have monitor in. I was wondering if it is OK to hook my Wega up to the CD slot?

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
BTW, I want to add that you won't get 5.1 audio. You'll get prologic decoding with left, right, center, and rear. You can also get a directv system with a digital out on it. I assume any program playing will be decoded as prologic and Dolby Digital videos like the Letterbox movies off PPV and some Starz will be heard with 5.1. I still got a POS 1996 model of our Hughes system. It's slow as hell, but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks