What's new

How do I check if my usb 2.0 device is at 2.0? (1 Viewer)

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
I just installed a sandisk 6-1 media reader/writer that is usb 2.0. I have 4 usb 2.0 slots available and I think I downloaded the right 2.0 drivers from Asus. So is there a way to tell if it's not dropping back down to 1.1 usb?

John

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
John,

The easiest way to determine this is to transfer a modestly large file to the media reader/writer. If it takes more than a few seconds, you may have a problem. If the transfer happens very quickly, it's working fine. The difference between 2.0 and 1.1 is very dramatic (about 40 times faster).

CarlDJr

Stunt Coordinator
You didn't mention which version of Windows you are running. USB 2.0 is supported under WindowsXP with Service Pack 1.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;329632

In WindowsXP, when you install a new USB 2.0 device, if it is not supported Windows will pop up a message that you have installed a USB 2.0 device but that it will only be running at 1.1.

:)

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I have windows xp with service pack 1 installed. It recognized the sandisk fine, so I guess I'm good to go.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks