how do I best sell my home theater setup?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MatthewSimpson, Jul 3, 2002.

1. MatthewSimpson

MatthewSimpson Auditioning

I tried putting the whole system on ebay and the bids didn't go high enough.

Right now I have just the receiver on ebay, but with two days left I only have one bid. Maybe I'm too high?

The receiver is an Onkyo TX-DS787 and I started bidding at $600.00

I'm not real "in the know" on current pricing so if anyone would help me via email or something I would appreciate it!

My question to the forum is:

If I'm trying to sell the system, where is the best place to do it? Newspaper? Ebay?

Thanks!

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

3. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Sell it piece by piece. That's the only way to go.

4. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

High starting bids on eBay usually makes people shy away. I'm not sure how much that's worth? How old is it? Was was the SRP?

This might help... I have a Pioneer Elite 26TX THX Ultra receiver it's about 2 (or 3?) years old. It was ~$1200 SRP. I Paid $900 or so. It's worth about $400-$500 now. Goes for a little more on eBay occasionaly...

Just start bidding low and put a reserve price on, that way more people will notice. Also, prices usually don't move much until the last day. I sold my Dreamcast on eBay and it got 7/9 bids in the last 24hrs to move from $40 to $100.