how do i ask for a job?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Christ Reynolds, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i'll be applying for a job soon, and i'm not sure how to write a cover letter for it. i havent graduated yet, but i am also interested in obtaining a co-op job there before i graduate. i already had a co-op job there a couple years ago, but it seems that most of my contacts there have left. anyway, does anyone have an idea on how to go about this? i'm usually pretty smooth with letters, but i'd like to get this right, instead of just going with what seems right to me. thanks for any help.

CJ

2. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

3. Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown Supporting Actor

4. David_Moechnig

David_Moechnig Stunt Coordinator

Most colleges have a Career Center or something similar that can offer help in writing resumes, cover letters, interview training (mock interviews), etiquitte dinners, etc. Check out those services, they are usually the only services that Universities offer to students and even alumni for free.

5. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Talk to some of your professors. Unless you go to Joe Schmo college of the woods then you probably have some that have worked in the field and can help you. And your major's department should have people to get you started.