How do I access commentary on Halloween LD? Are there 2 Criterion releases?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rolando, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

I bought an LD player recently pretty much just for Star Wars Trilogy (Original "Greedo did not shoot first" Edition) and decided should take advantage and get stuff on LD that is not on DVD or has features not ported over to DVD.
    I heard Criterion's release of Halloween on LD featured a commentary track with Carpenter, Hill and Curtis. So I bought it off E-Bay, got it today and the LD has no mention of a commentary track. It is a Criterion LD and I tried pressing the Audio button but nothing.
    Please don't tell me there where 2 releases from Criterion. I thought it was weird that it was only one disk but...
    If that is the case I am not a happy camper...[​IMG]

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    The 2-disc CAV Criterion has the commentary. The single disc CLV criterion does not.

Regards,

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Almost every criterion LD came in two flavors: a CAV version with all the extras and a CLV version with none (or only a handful).

They are usually denoted by different spine numbers: 122/122a.

-Vince

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Depending on player and xcver, you have to select analog on both. My Preamp selects digital over analog if it is on autoselect.

On the LD side generally by hitting the audio button you will cycle through the choices ...stereo - Right only - Left only...

Generallly the commentary is on one channel

5. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Rolando- I'm sorry to say that Ken & Vince are correct, what a pain in the ass for you![​IMG] The commentary track is amazing! Hope you didn't pay too much for it. If you're wanting to pick up the better version here are the catalog numbers and UPC codes to help you search:
    Cat. No.CC13991
    UPC # 7 15515 00566 1
    Hope this helps. By the way, it may have been one of my posts where you read about the commentary info.
    "The evil has gone from here!" - Dr. Sam Loomis