How difficult is it to adjust the convergence on my older Sony RPTV?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Richard_T, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

I have a Sony 53S65 RPTV and lately I have noticed the convergence is off in the lower right hand side of my screen. Any text there looks bad and it's quite obvious that the convergence is off in that corner. My convergence menu only allows adjustment in the middle of the screen which doesn't really do anything for the lower right side even though it looks great in the middle.

My question is, Is it possible to go into some hidden menu on the TV and adjust the convergence for the lower right corner and if so, how difficult is it? IS this something I can handle? I ask this because since it's an older set, I no longer have a warranty and I guess it would be pretty expensive to have someone come in and do it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Come on now...nobody?

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Go to the Keohihdtv site for information on access to the sony menu system and convergence information.

It isn't that hard to do.

Regards

4. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Thanks for the link Michael, but I think that site is a bit much for me. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. How to get into the Service Menus and how to use them to fix my convergence problem. Can you help direct me to a specific page on the site?[​IMG]