What's new

How did you find HomeTheaterForum (1 Viewer)

SalMaglie

Stunt Coordinator
While Mr White and I were waiting for Joe to show up in the warehouse after that diamond heist went awry, I noticed that Mr Orange had scrawled "hometheaterforum.com" into the concrete floor using his own blood.

Janna S

Second Unit
I got here through . . . dare I say it . . . the Imdb - I think through a link to a review of "The English Patient" that caught my attention because it was a good review with typos in it . . . . always a way to catch my attention!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Once again I have Steve Tannhill to thank. A good friend and I joined the DVD Resource Forum very close to the end, i'd say about 2 months before it went down. We were aware of the exsistence of the HTF, but we felt right at home at DVDRF, and besides DVDRF had more members than the HTF had, and didn't see the need to join another forum. But then, that forum went down, and we found ourselves very sad about it, and just for the hell of it we both joined here, he joined first, followed by me a couple of weeks later, I forget exactly why it took me so long.
The really funny thing about this is, I didn't even have a computer! I used to talk to my friend on the phone while he was at work, and he used to surf the forum while we spoke, and I would dictate to him over the phone what I wanted to say, and he would type it, and submit it! I would say that my first 300 or so posts in the HTF were not even typed by myself, those were my thought's and word's but, I did'nt do the typing.
In closing, I love the HTF, and don't know what I would do without it. It makes me realize just how lost and alone in this hobby I was until I found this place.

Oscar W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oscar
Screw how I got here!!! How the hell do I get out? :D
Actually I used to be a regular poster at another nameless site ar :crazy: . Got fed up with the trolls and flaming and found HTF in a post with other audio-type sites. Lurked here for awhile before signing up. Haven't been back ar :crazy: since.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I was on ecoustic.com (I don't think it exists anymore) and hit the links page. There must have been 10 000 different websites/pages listed and out of all those listed I clicked on HTF.

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
When I first got started in the HT thing I found audioreview. It was someone there who mentioned HTF, thankfully - don't go back to audioreview very often anymore. I was lurking for probably about a year and a half before I finally registered.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think I was doing a Yahoo search on Blade Runner and eventually found my way to a discussion in a thread here.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I was on ETown a few years back and got sick of all the trolls and the negative vibe that was going on on that board. So I looked for another board where people were civil and interested in the things I was interested in and I found it here at HTF.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks