What's new

How did you find HomeTheaterForum (1 Viewer)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
Just curious as to how people found this site.
I was searching for DVD information and found a site that listed new releases etc. Can't remember the site but it's now closed. I think the guy who ran it said he was a police officer or something like that.
Anyway, he had a link to HTF and the rest is history...:)

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
If I remember right, I found it through a link on thecinemalaser.com or one of the DVD sites linked to it.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I have to thank Steve Tannehill for this. It was through his website, DVD Resource, that I found the Home Theater Forum.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I found the HTF in a link over at Steve Tannehill's DVDResource site.
I was searching for DVD information and found a site that listed new releases etc. Can't remember the site but it's now closed. I think the guy who ran it said he was a police officer or something like that.
Maybe you did too. Tannehill the cop - I like it.
:D

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I still have no idea how I got here for the first time. If anyone knows, please let me know :)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I can't remember if it was The Digital Bits or DVD Resource, but I know it was one of those two.

And I found those through alt.video.dvd back when I used to lurk there in 1997. I actually lurked here for a couple years on and off before registering a few months ago. Don't know why I waited so long.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Like others, I came here through a link from Steve T's late and lamented DVD Resource site.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I was looking to buy a new WEGA and wanted some buyer feedback. I then did a Google search and found my way here. Almost immediately, I ran into one of my very favorite members who became a great cyber-friend - Rob N. After that, I read a few Christou-posts, got hooked, and never left. :D

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I was using e-town's forums for a long time when finally someone said "This forum is for immature idiots! I'm going over to that respectable hometheaterforum with its rules and real names!" I was curious so I checked it out and liked it. Hooray!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
For me it started one cold wet April evening I was in a gloomy carpark, about to get in my car, when I noticed a shadowy figure wearing a hat, smoking, he walked closer towards me making sure he was still in shadow and than stopping a few feet away he whispered "Have you heard of ...the HTF?", "The what?" I replied. "The Home Theater Forum, I'm a member, look for it on the net, you won't regret it, I have to go now, don't forget ...the HTF...", than he quickly walked off.

I stood there thinking ...Who? What? Why?...hmmmm interesting I have to check this out, raced home, went online and after an hour of browsing finally joined the 'Battlefield Earth RuleZ' fan club, I still wear the T-Shirt, and the mug is a collectors item.

Alternatively I was at Digital Bits one night, noticed a link to the HTF, quickly joined.

(The short version)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Steve, I always assumed you were here as part of your prescribed therapy. :D

JasonK

Supporting Actor
It took me a while to sign up (I lurked for a while.) But I found the HTF after Steve T. closed the DVD Resource forum, and recommended we try the HTF. That seems like so long ago,

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Someone on alt.hometheater.misc was asking if hometheaterforum was down. I clcked on the link and voila!

It was like a breath of fresh air. No more Brian McCarty, Paul Dragon, JeffBon, David Sarcevic etc... 4 or five people managed to absolutely ruin a whole newgroup for everyone else. Sad...

--

Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks