What's new

How did you deal with the agonizing wait?? (1 Viewer)

TonyWright

Second Unit
I placed an order yesterday for my new sub. I am already having "waiting" pains!

I think I may have a problem. Is there a program for people like me? :)

Tony

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
I don´t know if this is any consolation, but I ordered a REL Strata III on january, 20th, and did never receive it until I finally cancelled the order in July! I then ordered at a different place a MJ Acoustic Ref 1 which I received 3 weeks later. I survived to tell the tale...
But the sub was worth the wait

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
It sucks trust me. I have no subs right now, well no nothing right now, it's in storage until we move this coming weekend. It's been 3 weeks since I listened to my stuff! I placed an order for the New PB2-Ultra and I HOPE they start shipping this week, it's KILLING me not to have a SVS right now. I sold my cylinders to fund the Ultra and I am having MAJOR SVS withdrawals!!!!!! :frowning:

So you're not alone :)

TonyWright

Second Unit
More on the shipping front...

I always get so impatient and irritated with couriers. I called my shipping company yesterday to check the arrival time of my package. They informed that it would arrive today by 5:00 PM. I had to call because they don't display arrival time on their site.

Naturally I am all excited and I check my tracking information this morning. I see that the shipment will now be arriving tomorrow. So I call them again this morning and they inform me that it must have been delayed.

Thoroughly irritated at this point yet still polite on the phone I thank the lady on the other end and hang up. She knew I was not happy.

Now, before you all think I am being a baby about this, let me explain why I am not happy.

Both my wife and I work, so there is no one available at home to receive this package. I have to have it delivered to my office where I can put it in my truck to take home. Normally this would not be that big of a deal, but this package is over 150lbs. I have to arrange to have someone help me get it in my truck and then back out of my truck into my house.

I have to now hope that I can get someone to help me do it tomorrow instead of today.

Sheesh, I know I sound like I am whining here, but I really cannot stand to deal with couriers. I have horrible luck with them.

Anyway, just had to vent a bit...

Tony

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Tony!

Sorry to hear about the shipping hassles; I hope it gets resolved soon. :frowning: I had to deal with a similar situation while waiting for Sears to deliver my washer and dryer a couple of weeks ago. Grrrrrr. Just think, though, after you've had the sub for a couple of weeks, you'll forget all about having to wait for it. Have fun!

On another note, based on your recommendations and those of others here, I'm going to be ordering the Swan 6.1s and C3 in a couple of months. I'm still undecided about the surrounds. One issue that I have is the lack of a back wall in my family/theater room. That's making me hesitate on ordering the R3s and going with the Axiom QS8s instead. I figure that any loss of ambient sound due to the lack of reflectivity in the back will be made up for by the quadropolic (is that a word?) effect of the QS8. Any words of wisdom? Thanks!

And Scott - my stuff is in storage for 4 more months, so I'm not feeling too sympathetic! :D

TonyWright

Second Unit
Geo,

I think you are really going to like your Swans. Awesome speakers.

Personally I use the R3's as side surrounds. I did this as an experiment in my current 5.1 system. They are at ear level on speaker stands directly to the sides of the main listening position. I have really enjoyed those speakers at that position. I was originally considering adding a set of 2.1's in at the sides and move my R3's to the rear to complete a 7.1 setup. At this point, I have liked the R3's so much that I may just get another pair instead of the 2.1's to complete my 7.1 system.

I haven't had any experience with the QS8's so I couldn't really give you any insight there.

Tony

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Tony- You are not whining. I have a PB2-Ultra coming, and I expect (hope! :) ) that with my $150 shipping cost, that I similarly can find out exactly when it is arriving to arrange to be there in person...

TonyWright

Second Unit
Kevin,

Best of luck to you. Bax has put me in a ringer here. I had really had to scramble to get someone to help me tomorrow.

You might need a couple guys to help you move that ultra! Those things wheigh a ton!

Congrats on your purchase!

Tony

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I'm *hoping* just me and my wife can handle it.

*That's* why I want to be here when it gets delivered. I can have them put it in the garage, which is a straight shot to my family room. Let us know what happens with yours! :)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:
__________________________________________________ _______

SVS PB2-ISD
__________________________________________________ _______

Congrats on your purchase, my fellow SVS bassaholic! :emoji_thumbsup:

I know what you're going thru, believe me! Experienced the same thing when I awaited the delivery of the B4-Plus twins by that same outfit a while back, but was so thrilled to get them afterwards that I even forgot just how messed up the condition of the crates containing these beasts was!

Anyhow, to lessen your waiting anxiety levels take two big gulps of Tequila (the good stuff sold by Costco). It may not solve your problem but, damn, you'll be feeling so good that you'll forget all about it! :D

By the way...if I may be so bold as to make an small suggestion...would you mind try placing your main L&R Swan speakers so that they'd be about the same plane as the center channel speaker (and away from the rear wall)?
Re-calibration will be needed, of course, but am sure you can handle it.
I think you'll like the ensuing sonic results... :)

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

JackRI

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Richard
Geo,

I don;t know if what I have to say will qualify as "words of wisdom," but I have the QS8s and absolutely LOVE them. They are certainly the best surrounds I've ever owned. I've had several fellows come over to listen to my equipment (all Axiom), and to a man, they raved about the QS8s. The best comment, when listening to the THX opening to Monsters Inc., was "Gee! It doesn't sound like that on my surrounds." :D

My standard comment on the QS8s is "the thing I notice most about the QS8s is that I DON’T notice them." They do a wonderful job of providing the surround experience without calling attention to themselves in any way. They do not distract you from the movie.

I hope your experience with them mirrors mine. Good luck.

Hang in there Tony. The pain of waiting should all be gone today.

P.S. Listen to Frank. He knows whereof he speaketh. :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyWright

Second Unit
Frank,

Thanks for the reply! I checked my shipping status and it appears to have arrived in Dallas thismorning at 3:50 AM. Barring all disasters, I should take delivery today.

I'll try moving the 6.1's forward this weekend. Many thanks for the suggestion!

Tony

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:
__________________________________________________ ________

Thanks for the reply! I checked my shipping status and it appears to have arrived in Dallas this morning at 3:50 AM. Barring all disasters, I should take delivery today.

I'll try moving the 6.1's forward this weekend. Many thanks for the suggestion!
__________________________________________________ ________

You're very welcome!

Am glad to see that your sub will be having a new home today! :emoji_thumbsup:

As for the L&R Swans matter...if you move them forward (and "toe" them in a bit too) on or near the same plane as the cc speaker's location then you'll be eliminating nasty reflections caused by the RPTV cabinet's sides, which have to be messing up the sound to a great degree. Thus my recommendation...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks