How di I put graphs in a posts???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanRA, Mar 12, 2002.

1. DanRA

DanRA Extra

Hi all,
    I made some graphs of my room response with the downloaded excel worksheet but how do I put them in a post. I mapped my mains and subs using a Behringer Ultracurve and found the results interesting. I had a hard time getting the graph out of excel but managed to get a decent looking graph in a jpg format so how do I get it into a post. I will note the jpg is wide because I did graphs in individual increments for 1-100hz. I want to post my room response for some comments. In the FAQ it looks like I need an image host but that sounds like a pain. What do I do?????? If I need image hosting who should I use??
    http://www.geocities.com/dhummm
    Thanks,
    Ralph-

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Since you have web space on geocities, you should be able to screen capture an image of the graph and host it yourself (via link), though you will likely have problems with them shutting it down after you get so many hits. Otherwise, just use Yahoo photos to host.

3. DanRA

DanRA Extra

Hi John,

Thanks, I will put some up on Yahoo and give it a shot. I tried my Geocities before and they block the pics.

Thanks again,

Ralph-

4. DanRA

DanRA Extra

Hi Again all,

I give up on trying to figure out how to put graphs in a post!!!!!!! I am ready to punch out the computer. I uploaded files into a Yahoo Photo album but can't figure out how to get the picture as a link. Instead I get the Yahoo album page with my picture within it. Who has an easy FREE web host for picture that don't want your first born documentation to host pictures and wallet. Can you tell I'm frustrated with this? I just spent over an hour and have made no progress. This should be in the FAQ.

COME ON GUYS HOW EXACTLY DO YOU DO IT????

Ralph-

5. Sasha_G

Sasha_G Agent

TWO mehtods:

1)In windows, go to your upoaded image and right click. Select 'Properties'. A window will come up with the URL to your image. Use that URL in your posts.

Alternate method:

2)In the newer versions of Excel, you can "save as a web page". Save it to someplace on your computer you will remember (desktop). Upload that HTML file to your geocities site using the file manager, then in your posts here just add a link to that geocities page.

6. DanRA

DanRA Extra

Hi Sasha,

I tries the properties and Yahoo won't let you in that way. Yahoo came back with not authorized. My excel version won't let me make a html file but it looks like a possibility. I will remember the properties method because it looks like a fast way to create the link once I find a place to host my pics and allows direct links.

Thanks again John & Sasha (I will get there!!)

Ralph-