What's new

How deep was that??? (1 Viewer)

BrianWH

Agent
I'm sure we've all got a favorite bass scene like this, but last night I was watching Matrix Reloaded and I had my first bottoming out experience (I was just a tad below reference) with my two old Boston VR500's:

It happened as the Nebuchadnezzar (Morpheus' ship) was landing in Zion early in the movie. For about two or 3 seconds there was some serious rattling at one of the subs. Enough to make me rewind just to watch the cone moving. Setting the volume -2 it was clean and deep sounding/feeling.

Anyone know this scene? How low does it go?

Brian

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I hear you!

I am not sure I can describe what scene, but when watching this in DD 5.1 on HBO HD, there were several scenes where my room shook lower and harder than anything else I can recall. I have cement floors, and I could feel the vibrations in my couch!

Don't know how low, but my sub has serious output to 25 hz, and useable output below that (HSU 1225).

Having said that, it has been said that a lot of what you perceive as very low bass in films in in the 30 hz range. It would be cool if someone has done a spectral analysis of selected scenes in that film.

BGL

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
http://bass.jawmail.org/index.php

The scene you described is not listed but a few others are, and several from Revolutions too.

I watched Reloaded last night at Reference Level as part of my PB2-Ultra review. I would imagine that scene is largely centered in the 25 Hz region, with possibly deeper decay. RudiB might be able to run a waterfall on it, or possibly MingL already has.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks