What's new

How critical is *adjustable* DPL II to you? (1 Viewer)

MoG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I'm considering a Sherwood Newcastle receiver for my HT, and the only 'feature' it seems to be lacking is adjustable settings for DPL II.

How big of a drawback is this to anyone? What are the DPL II settings in the Sherwood Newcastle's fixed at?

Thanks.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I've got an H/K AVR320 at home and it has no DPLII settings either. It sounds great, so I have no idea what difference the settings might make. Being a constant 'tweaker' though, it's probably a good thing there isn't more to fiddle with!

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
MoG:

I still do a lot of listening to two channel sources, so for me, having that flexibility is an important feature. I guess it depends on what you listen to. But, some people on this forum "claim" DPL II is worthless. I like it and use it frequently.

PaulKH

Second Unit
MoG - I have DPLII but it's not adjustable on my Pioneer Elite 49TX. I think DPLII is great, but since I'm not able to tweak it I've no idea how valuable that would be.

Bear in mind though that DPLII is 'altering' 2 channel or DPL sources and many like 2 channel (stereo) completely untampered with. And of course for true surround stuff (DD, DTS, DVDA, SACD) DPLII is irrelevant.

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I think adjustable DPL-II is a nice feature. I use it to watch TV and depends on what I am watching, sports, sitcoms or game shows and whatever. It is pretty cool that I can adjust the sound to feel more width and/or depth to give me a better sense of surrounding. Utimately it is not something that I cannot live without but it is a nice feature to have.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I am just beginning to experiment with the various settings. I have been encouraged with DPLII only after tweaking with the variables. I was not initially impressed with the music mode (I still prefer 2channel with my SVS)but it is growing on me . So far, I think I could live without it for now.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Well after an ealier post, I am slowly changing my mind about DPLII. I watched SCARY MOVIE 2 (yeah, I know but I did laugh!) last night on DPLII movie mode(sat with optical) and using my DA5ES bass management I got qiute a bit with my sub. The spacial sounds came off very well. Still not sure abuot music yet, but still playing with the parameters. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks