How could I get rid of my X-Box?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Keith_R, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey all, I've lost most of the interest in my X-Box and would like to get rid of it, the 2 controllers I own, and the games.

The box itself is about 2 or 3 years old and still seems to operate nicely, the only problem with it is that the power button seems to be broken and you must power on and off with the disc tray open/close button. Otherwise aside from this problem and a minor scratch on the case it seems to be fine.

Because of the broken power button I don't believe that I could trade my box in at the local videogame store and need to figure out how I could best sell it and at what prices. I've toyed with the eBay idea but truthfully I really don't know how to use eBay and have heard a lot of horror stories on these boards so I'm kind of turned off to the idea. I do know that there are websites where they will buy X-Boxes from people for the parts (one I saw would buy them for $50) but I think I could make more than they are willing to give me for my box. I did a little research off of ebay and am thinking I could probably sell the box for $70-$75 with my controllers and than sell the games for $5-$10 apiece.

I own about 10 games which are mostly the higher quality franchise titles like GTA and Halo 1 & 2.

So, long story short, how could I best sell my X-Box and the games? any suggestions on prices I should ask?

thanks!

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    You can post in Hardware for Sale/Trade. I think your pricing is good.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Well, depending on what you want to do with the money, you have a couple of options. I know that here, Blockbuster actually gives a minimum of $8 (CDN) per game in trade, so you can get a decent store credit to put towards DVDs that way. There's also the hardware and software trading forums here for a free option. Ebay isn't really as bad as people make it out to be, but it costs money to list, and you have to deal with things like Paypal and shipping.

Actually, if you want other gaming products, check out what special offers EB has on. They're usually not worth trading with, but sometimes they have really great special offers on trade-ins, like 3 used games for 1 new, or deals on new systems.

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Either that's a Canada only deal or it was a limited promo - at one point they were doing a deal of US$5 per game, but that deal's long over. The local GameRush offered me a measly US$1.25 each for a few games just the other night.

5. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

I suggest a Catapult[​IMG]