How come there's no love for Pioneer Elite receivers on this forum ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Samson, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Samson

Samson Stunt Coordinator

How come there's no love for Pioneer Elite receivers on this forum ? I don't hear enough 'talk' about the Elites on this forum. I hear a lot about Denon and Onkyo.

2. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

From what I've read from those who have compared recent models, the Pioneer's just haven't kept pace with the features and sound quality of some of the other brands. That's not to say that the Elite units are bad, just not as good or lacking some features the competition has.
    ------------------
    - Wes
    My Home Theater
    The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...

3. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

I like the Elites and there are other people here that like them too. A lot of the talk about the Denons and Onkyos is usually about the lower priced models where the Pioneer regular line doesn't compare as good. That's not to say higher end Denons and Onkyos aren't good but a lot of people ask about $600 and under models and Denon and Onkyo are the best in that price range.
    [Edited last by Bobby T on August 16, 2001 at 03:34 PM]
    [Edited last by Bobby T on August 16, 2001 at 03:36 PM]

4. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

I think that there's plenty of love for Pioneer recievers here. I own an Elite 29TX myself [​IMG]
    I think that the dissatisfied owners tend ot be much more vocal than the satisfied ones. Pioneers just keep working and so there's no need to really post about them.
    Also, I don't think they upgrade their lines as often as Denon or Onkyo, so they don't generate much discussion on that topic either.
    I've found Pioneer recievers to be solid workhorses. I think they make great recievers [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://www.ricperrott.com
    Ric Perrott

5. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

I really like my Elite 36TX. When I was shopping for mine, the comparable Denon 3801 and Onkyo 787 just didn't do it for me compared to the Pioneer. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Denon and Onkyo though, so call me non-confrontationalist. I am really starting to enjoy 7 channel stereo.
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Daryl

6. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

I briefly had an Elite 24TX & didn't like the sound much so I upgraded to a Harman Kardon AVR 510... NOW we're talking! [​IMG]

7. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

8. Paul E V

Paul E V Stunt Coordinator

I've got an 07TX and the only complaints I have is that my D901S had a couple things I wish the 07 had ---- more connections, Auto Source, Sleep
    There's 2 funny things about the 901
    The manual says that you can't turn the MR&S on/off with the remote --- yeah right, mine must be defective then
    It also says that MR&S will ALWAYS start at a low volume when turned on ---- REALLY, I guess that's 2 defects then
    ------------------
    'Pioneer 'ing a new level of Home Theater
    My Equipment List / Copper & Rosewood Flexi idea

9. Richard Burzynski

Richard Burzynski Second Unit

To answer the post header directly, I guess it's due to a good number of QC complaints on Forums like this one.
    Rich B.

10. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I love my Elite VSX-21. Had it for over a year now and still have no desire to upgrade.

11. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

I have a VSX-39TX that I love. I haven't heard a receiver yet that compares to it. I always love stopping in local home theater shops to see & hear what's out on the market. It really puts out the sound.
    I'm looking forward to the new VSX-49TX with 7 channels of 160W sound and DTS ES discrete to go along the Dolby Digital EX Surround. It should be out in October.
    I've never had any problems with Pioneer Elite product. They are build like a tank & always performs well. Plus you gotta love the Urishi finish with the rosewood side panels.

12. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

I love my 26TX, and have had no service trouble or QC complaints.
    Whern I upgrade, I plan on buying another Elite.
    Sam

13. Eugene Hsieh

Eugene Hsieh Supporting Actor

14. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Screenwriter
    Supporter

Put me down as another satisfied Pioneer receiver user/owner. My last three receivers were Pioneer. (I kept upgrading to newer and better features.) Didn't have a problem with any of them. My current Elite 27TX is a joy to use and has plenty of oomph for my Paradigm speakers. I have no immediate plans to upgrade to 7 channel sound so I'm a very happy camper for now!
    Mark

15. Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa Second Unit

I love the Pioneer Elite receiver line up!! [​IMG] I had the 07TX, 29TX, and my current is the 39TX. All had no problems.
    Soon the 49TX will be out and I'll be upgrading to it. I sold off the 07TX and the 29TX in the past. I guess I'll sell off the 39TX as well. I think $1,000 will do. I must wait until the end of Jan. 2002 to sell it. Right now its boxed up cause I'm living with my parents until my new home is built. Once its done and I close on the house, I can then go out and buy the 49TX. I can't make any big purchases until then.
    [Edited last by Evelio Figueroa on August 17, 2001 at 05:08 PM]

16. Bernard Drapeau

Count me like satisfied customer too!
    I'm realy happy with my 26-tx even if I had a trouble with DSP board. The customer service was excellent and repair that promptly. Nothing bad to say!
    Bernard «Consomateur satisfait!» Drapeau

17. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    I too love Pioneer. Ive owned at least a half dozen of their receivers. The only one Ive had problems with is the Elite 29. After its second problem (not counting a bad remote when received), Pioneer even replaced it with an Elite 39!
    FWIW, Ive decided to go the path of seperates. If anybody wants a still sealed B stock Elite 39 give me an email. I have it listed for $999 plus shipping in the For Sale area. It has a suggested retail of $2500.
    Gregg
    ------------------
    The Sonodome
    The Newest Sonotube
    Gregg's DVDs
    The Family Units

18. John Haghighi

I owned a VSX 608 and a DV-414, now I have a Elite 37TX, Elite A-35 and a DV-38A...I have to say I am very happy with them. I think it is by far the best combo for those that like to watch movies in a HT and listen to Music on stereo. It's not the Elite in HT, or the Elite in Music, but it is the Elite for both types in one unit IMHO.

19. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

I've enjoyed my 26TX for almost two years. I find the features suit my needs, the styling is appealing to me, and the sound is fantastic for the $. The 26TX really pushes my B&W 600S2 series speakers well. I prefer a product engineered well enough not to need noisy fans to dissipate heat. I went from an older Denon receiver that I loved to this Pioneer Elite (my first Pioneer product ever). The two turnoffs for me on the Denons were the noisy fans and sub-par remote controls.
    My $.02
    Pete

20. Michael Hudson

Michael Hudson Stunt Coordinator

I have as VSX-05 from early 98 in my bedroom and a Denon 3801 that I got at the end of last year for the Den. I love the Elite line I have a Dv-F07 changer but like others have said for the money the 3801 did more for me. However for my TV I dream of the Elite 510. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Michael
    Video Game Tracker
    DVD Tracker
    DVD Profiler
    CD Tracker