What's new

how come there are not many boston speaker reviews? (1 Viewer)

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Hey Evan, I apologize for offending you. It's not like I have pots of money either - Linn and Dynaudio Contour are outside my budget, and I'm thinking of saving up for an Audience 52, maybe. I just thought "obscure" sounded funny, that's all. No offense intended.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Hey Saurav,

No offense taken. I'm trying (with a little homework and elbow grease) to put together a pretty decent mid-fi system with a budget of about 5K. I've been able to find an Anthem MCA 5 for a little over a grand, and was able to get the two sets of Dimes and the CC for a total of about $1600. That leaves me about $2400 to find a pre-pro and get me some good cables. (already have a Mirage BPS-100 Sub). So, I might actually come in under budget. But had I gone with a Linn or Dynaudio offering for the front mains, my budget would have been stretched to the gills.

So, no offense taken at all...I didn't use the best adjectives. Definately "less financially available" rather than obscure. They're obscure in that my living room has probably never heard of Linn or Dynaudio and won't for quite some time.

Anyone have any suggestions on which pre-pro I should go with that will match up nicely here? I'm in no rush but will consider used equip for this final piece.

-Ev

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
OK, that's cool then. You have way more budget than me, I'm thinking about Danes for a 2-channel system. No HT in my apartment :)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Danes will go in a strictly two channel bedroom system I'll be setting up....in about 5 years.;)
For now, it's all about versatility.
-Ev

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I really love the BA's I have. I can't really comment on how full a range of reproduction they give, blah blah blah, but I know they sounds pretty good to me.

I listened to several different lines from Polk, Energy, BA, and some others. I was looking for a not too expensive line of speakers. I went with the VR970s. My only bad feeling is I think GoodGuys sold me a older model VR-10 center speaker. Matched well, but a bit bigger and different shaped than the 970s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks