How come no comments on the REDS dvd?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Unless I've missed it, I haven't seen any comments on the Reds DVD. It's spread over two discs and retains its original intermission card at the end of disc one. Anyway, I thought it looked great and it was nice to see Warren Beatty (however reluctant) participation in the special feature, a retrospective documentary called Witness To Reds which features Jack Nicholson, Edward Herrmann, Paul Sorvino as well as Beatty but unfortunately no Diane Keaton.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Cuz it's not out till this Tuesday (10-17)???

I can tell you there are going to be some excellent prices on this title. It's not too far from the allowed time. I don't think I'll get in too much trouble for saying that Best Buy is going to have this for $12.99 on Tuesday.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

I saw a couple of copies of this today at one store I went to. Didn't know it wasn't out yet.

How is the movie?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
There are comments about the disc on this week's Ebert & Roper show, featuring guest co-host A.O. Scott.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
I saw this disc and liked it too. I didn't see it on a big enough moniter to really say, but the transfer looked lovely, Storaro's photography was a pleasure as usual. It was my first time seeing the film and I liked it very much. Haven't watched the extras. If you are a fan of the film, I see no reason for you to be disappointed, except perhaps for the lack of commentary -- which is pretty unnecessary, considering the depth of the film itself, it's like watching three different documentaries at the same time on the same subject with a narration on top!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
This is such a terrific movie. I stood in line on its original release to see it in the dead of winter, only to learn later that the wind chill was 70-80 below zero. But it was worth it (and it beautifully gets one in the mood for the Russian setting!). I hope the HD DVD is still forthcoming.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I saw it for sale at Laserblazer in West L.A. But I am holding out to get the HD DVD version on Nov. 7th. Entertainment Weekly has a interview with Warren Beatty this week and reviews the DVD this week.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conradfan