1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How Come My Nokia Battery Won't Charge Anymore?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Every time I talk on my cell phone, I have to plug it into the charger or else it says low battery. No matter how long I have it on the charger, it dies after a few minutes on the phone.

I have an 8000 series Nokia, it's 2 yrs old, and I'm a little steamed.

thanks for the help everyone

2. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

Batteries do just die after a while, even Lithium Ion ones. My advice is just go get a new phone. my friend just got a 8265 for $24 w/ a new one-year deal - that's about 50 bucks cheaper than a new battery.

The way the cell deals work, I think phones are kinda disposable. Use them for a year or two, wait until the battery is about dead, and then go get a new phone.

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Was the battery an Ni-Mh or Ni-Cd? Nickel Metal-hydride batteries supposedly can be recharged at any time, while Ni-Cd batteries MUST be allowed to drain completely before a recharge. Charging a Nicad battery before it is completely empty equals DEAD battery in no time. And no, you should NOT keep a Ni-Cd battery on the charger when it is full!

4. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

The nokia one retails for $80; you can find it for cheaper (but not cheaper than $25.)

Get a new phone - cheaper than a battery.

5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint

Where are you buying your batteries, Dave? I can get a replacement battery for my Nokia 6500 series for less than $20 locally. Are the 8000 series batteries that much more expensive?

6. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Thanks for the replies....I don't know the specific battery type, but my phone stops charging and says "battery is full" so I don't think it's a problem to leave it on the charger all the time. I've been meaning to get a new phone anyway.

7. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Did you lose your trumpet? [​IMG]