What's new

How can you timbre match at home? (1 Viewer)

Micah

Auditioning
O.K., everyon seems to agree that timbre matching your front mains with your center is critical. And, everyone seems to agree that you don't necessarily have to have company matched mains and center for this to happen. So that leaves the obvious question: If you have one brand of mains, and you want to purchase a center but don't like the center produced by the brand name of your mains, how do you go about timbre matching them?
For instance, i have JBL ND310 mains with the 10" sub. Fine, I love these speakers, but the other JBL bookshelf speakers i have suck, so I have no faith in their center channels. BUT, I love all the polk audio speakers i have heard, including..errr...every one I have heard so far. So....
How do I find out if the polk cx245i (or any other center channel speaker) is "timbre matched" with my JBLs?
and thus it begins.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
And, everyone seems to agree that you don't necessarily have to have company matched mains and center for this to happen.
Well, I don't agree with that. The only way to timbre match is to have idenical speakers, just like an L/R stereo pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks