What's new

How can you tell if you have...... (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
A bad Jurassic Park DTS dvd? I heard there were some bad DVDs put out when this was released.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I think there have been a number of topics covering this, at any rate though you can tell because the number around the circle of the disc should say R1D2 or R2D2 something like that. I'm sure someone else can expand on this further. Hope this helps.
------------------
-Keith-
My DVD's

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
"Bad" may be a poor word choice. When JP came out, many on the forum(Including myself) were complaining that the DVD was lacking in bass when compared to the Laserdisk or movie. Others were claiming that our bass management was set up improperly and thats why it was lacking. It was a heated debate at times but even when all the bitter comments settled in, lots of good did come out of it. It opened a new world on bass discussion and actually did help some folks that had there system set up poorly. Well the issue was never clearly settled in a lot of minds but for some reason later the studio decided to reissue the DVD with a little more bass. Now if this was done becuase the original was mastered incorrectly or not is another can of worms. My opinion is that it was done for that very reason.
How can you tell is by reading the ring on the inner circle. The original or the one lacking in bass had the following number; 20H03023 BB-207871 PEMC-D2R1 PDSC CA.
I do not have the number of the corrected DVD in front of me now, maybe someone else can post that one up.
------------------
My Home Theater
sign.jpg

My DVD Collection Home Theater Pics
Ozzie

Blu

Screenwriter
Ok I should be ok then, my number is 10G27029 BB0207871 PEMC-D2R1 PDSC CA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks