What's new

how can you get rid of a scratch? (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I just bought, TODAY, the Klipsch RC-7 Center. I put it on the tv, hooked it up, and as I turned it back to face front, it caught on the tv and scratched the bottom of the speaker.

Is there any way to buff it out? What do I use? or am I screwed? Thanks.

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
If you have a scratch just itch it. :laugh:

Seriously, how deep is the scratch? Can you see it when the speaker is in use? If it is not deep you can try to find the same color stain on just touch it up, if it is deep you can use some wood filler then touch it up, if it is vinyl, you can try to get some vinyl that matches to patch it. If you can’t see it you could just leave it.

You could always try to return it stating that it was like that when you opened it. :D

There are probably some members here that are better with woodworking than I am, so you may get far better answers than I gave you. :)

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
Kind of off the subject, but how does that baby sound? I'm really close to getting the reference set up and like to hear as many opinions as I can. I'll be powering it with my AVR-3802 (Denon). Thanks for the input! Sorry about the scratch :angry: , at least it's not on the top!

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Thanks for the replies guys. The sratch is actually on the plastic. At least that what the material looks like. Wood - Plastic - Grill. The plastic was supposed to be flush with the wood, however on the bottom there was a little lip which caught.

I should probably just leave it since I can't see it, but I spent what I consider big bucks for this center channel and just knowing the scratch is there is irritating. I know, I'm anal.

Anyways to answer the question of how it sounds? AWSOME!! I have tried out three center's before this including the Klipsch RC-35 and this completely blows them all away in my opinion.

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
I agree! The RC-7 is a BIG step up from the RC-35. Night and day as far as I'm concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks