What's new

How can we influence more SACD Releases????!!!!! (GLORIA ESTEFAN etc.) (1 Viewer)

Wes Larkins

Stunt Coordinator
Hey

I was wondering if there was any possible way to influence the record companies to start releasing more SACD's especially Sony Music.

I would love to have more releases from Gloria Estefan, Celine Dion, John Mayer, Jennifer Lopez, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey etc.

Heres some great titles that would be awesome to have on Multichannel

Gloria Estefan - Greatest Hits Vol.2
Gloria Estefan - Destiny
Gloria Estefan - Gloria!
Gloria Estefan - Mi Tierra
Celine Dion - One Heart
John Mayer - Room For Squares
Mariah Carey - Greatest Hits
Jennifer Lopez - This is me then
Michael Jackson - Greatest Hits

I hope that they release Gloria Estefan's upcoming album also, I received and advanced promo copy "Unwrapped" and the whole album is great, this is a totally new sound for her its her best one to date. Its got a lot of older Rock influence sounds from the 70's also has a couple of duets on the album with Stevie Wonder, and Chrissie Hynde. This first single has been released its called Wrapped. But this CD is great Ive wore it out almost lol.

Id like to know what everyone thinks about it when its released its a great one thats for sure 5 STARS!!!

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Wes, you should take firearms and go down to Sony and take hostages. Ask'em for Boz Scaggs and Edgar Winter for me, por favor.;)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Wes,

As far as getting more discs released, why don't you get the Gloria Estefan fan club together and hold a protest outside of Sony corporate. Such a gathering would be sure to get media attention, and maybe get the ball rolling with Sony. While you are asking for Boz Scaggs and Edgar Winter for Rachael, ask for some Springsteen for me. Maybe we could turn this into a joint protest, with the Springsteen fan club.

Id like to know what everyone thinks about it when its released its a great one thats for sure 5 STARS!!!
Why don't you post us a review here since you got the pre-release promo. 5 Stars does not tell me much about the actual performances. Gloria's music tends to irritate me most of the time, but maybe she has turned the corner on this new album. I would like to hear your opinion, especially compared to her past albums.

J

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Wes,

There are a lot of Gloria Estefan, Celine, and Jennifer Lopez out on Sony. The Estefan releases are very good as well. I expect Sony will issue more soon. I'm not sure there is a lot of demand for Pariah Carey though, based on what I have been reading-her albums have not been doing well recently.

I think Sony is busy with the Bob Dylan series which is a ton of mastering and also promoting the format to other labels. Still they are releasing a good number every month. I think the new John Mayer is from Sony, so we should get Room for Squares...

I am in favor for Boz Scaggs and more Springsteen as well.

Wes Larkins

Stunt Coordinator
Hey J and everyone

Sorry ive been busy and havent been able to write in my review of Gloria's new album. I received a promo copy of "UNWRAPPED" back at the beginning of August and I love the album its so awesome its quite a different turn for Gloria, she went down a different path for this album. This one is a mainly pop rock album, very guitar oriented, not horns and not much of a dance music album like she has done in the past. Gloria is known for her uplifting live energetic performances, and they are great but this album is awesome and im gonna do my best to give you a preview of it lol not sure how good I am at reviewing and album. First ill say its hard to explain the song on the album all of them are mainly pop rock. The sound on some of the songs reminds me of kind of a Fleetwood Mac sound, track 12 "I Wish You" sounds like something the Beatles recorded, she used the Beatles influence for this one very neat sound. One person I know said they think of Nora Jones a little when they here some of the tracks. But its hard to label. Its Gloria's new sounds and its awesome

I am a big Gloria fan and have everything shes ever put out and im not saying that I love this album because its her, I really mean this is a great album. Ive made copies for a few friends and they absolutely love it so I hope people enjoy it I cant wait to hear the reaction.

This is Gloria's first English "Studio" album since 1996 "Destiny" which she toured for this album in 1996/1997 the "Evolution Tour World Tour" which included these hits: Reach, You'll Be Mine (Party Time), I'm Not Giving You Up, and Higher. 1998 she took a different path again releasing "Gloria!" which was a all dance album top to bottom it included the hits: Heaven's What I Feel, Oye, and Don't Let This Moment End.

As for the new one UNWRAPPED:

Wrapped is the first single from the album, it hasnt officially been released to radio yet but its been getting airplay. Hoy (the Spanish Version of Wrapped) has got airplay and debuted at #20 on Billboard Hot Latin Tracks, and this is the 4th week and its at #5.

Gloria, her husband Emilio, and Sebastian Krys (he has produced stuff with Sting) are the producers of the album, and Sebastian also was one of the primary writers of the music on the album.

The promo CD i got has Gloria talking about the album and gives a little info on some of the tracks on the album.

Theres 14 tracks on the album (and 4 bonus tracks - spanish versions 4 of the english ones)

A Little Push
This is a great song, mid-tempo, a lot of guitar and drums on this song very pop rock, this is one of my favorites

Te Amare
Another one of my favs, up-tempo 1 of the 2 upbeat up-tempo songs on the album very pop rock, the song is an english one she is expressing the love of her family, and how that love will never change, very neat song very nice sound its very different its hard to explain really, but a lot of guitars and a lot of drums on this one is very high energy, has a jamaican dance rhythm, also known in puerto rico as kana (not sure about the spelling on that one) use of some puerto rican instruments bombo drums, and mandolins. very high energy it is a great track

Your Picture
This is a nice pop rock ballad, a lot of guitars, a little use of drums

Wrapped
This is a great great song, this is the first single, mid-tempo, very organic, Peruvian traditional sound, different South American instruments used, including some Peruvian guitars and drums, 10 string Andian guitar, some instruments from Argentina, very rock (not much of a latin sound like some of you may be thinking, just because the instruments are from Latin America doesnt mean that the song has a Latin Sound because 1 of the songs on the album has a latin influence and that was the last one Te Amare

Time Waits and I Will Always Need You
Mid-tempo great sound on this these, I think of Fleetwood Mac when I hear these 2 especially on Time Waits. A lot of traditional guitars on these 2 very pop rock. I Will Always Need You is one of my favs I love this song its very different its a modern pop rock track its really neat i love the guitar sound on this one.

In The Meantime
Another ballad this is my least favorite on the album, somewhat like Your Picture.

Dangerous Game
Really cool arrangement very different, has some Brazilian instruments and uses some guitars that are used in Samba music but again its a very modern arrangement, no latin sound on this one, this one is really neat I think this one has a little touch of the Eagles, when I hear it I think of them a little

Into You (w/ Stevie Wonder)
Very modern arrangement has some rock, jazz, and african influences, Mid-tempo, Stevie Wonder adds the Harmonica parts on this one its really nice

One Name (w/ Chrissie Hynde from the Rembrants from back in the 80's)
Very Very different this song is very hard to explain its just got a totally different type of sound on it, use of traditional guitars, and some South American influences from Venezuela. Neat story behind this one, this song was inspired by a guy that lives under a bridge in Miami that they pass by everyday when she takes her daughter Emily, Edgar Edgar they call him she was impressed with him seeing him trying to make a life living under the bridge having his clothes hung out drying from where he had been trying his best to get them clean lol, when you hear the song you get understand better I think, but the song took on a life of its own after that and that people are all the same, we are all of one name all need the same things were all people

I Wish You
they used a lot of traditional instruments, some vintage guitars, going through vintage guitar amps, they tried to recreate a sound of the 70's and you can tell it on this song, has a strong influence of the Beatles on this one she says and you can really tell it sounds a lot! like the Beatles. This is one of my favs this is a great great song I hope they release this one as a single

You
This one is probably my favorite, falling in at 2nd is probably I Wish You. Its hard to pic favs there all so awesome. BUt this song is a modern pop rock song real high energy up-tempo I love this one.

Famous
she wrote all the words and music on this one, its a real neat song not really a ballad kind of slow mid-tempo but a slow song telling about she handles tough life situations, she wrote this one around the time of some bad experiences that we had (9/11) and the last line is "though its been one hell of a ride... i never intended to be famous" which she never really intended to be, her husband emilio is behind all the fame part hes made her who she is today.

4 Spanish Versions
Te Amare
Tu Fotografia (Your Picture)
Hoy (Wrapped)
Mientras Tanto (In The Meantime)

This albums is awesome I really love it its a great one it comes out Sept 23rd so I hope you all get it and enjoy it Id like to know what you all think about it

Email me if any of you have any questions email [email protected]

Check out my site for more info on UNWRAPPED. cover art and covers and release info on the singles Wrapped/Hoy (they have been released in Europe and on Sept 15th in the UK.

Again im not the best at reviewing haha lol, so if you get confused i hope youll understand lol

Thanks

W E S L E Y L A R K I N S

GLORIA!: The Complete Gloria Estefan Discography Database
http://www.geocities.com/weslarkins/glorialibre.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks