What's new

How can people not wash their hands? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It is kinda disgusting to see people take #1/#2 at a restaurant, then leave without washing.

I mean you know they are going out to start shoving food in their pie holes.

Hotels are pretty disgusting too. Just the thought of them. Of course, most of us have been on vacations and added our own "disgust" to the rooms.

I'm not very easily disgusted, I would never use a paper towel to open a door, never crosses my mind. The only thing that grosses me out is being around a special needs person and them having snot and drool all over their face. I know they can't help it, but a huge layer of dried/runny snot on someone's lip is nasty.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
As far as the splashback effect. Have you ever flushed and it doesnt all go down? What makes you think that normally, just because it appears to do down that it all did? You could flush 10 times and there still might be something in there from the person before. I cant live life worrying about where I might pick up some koodies.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
Have you ever flushed and it doesnt all go down?
not at my place of work. i remember jumping the first time i heard them flush. i swear i think there is some sort of turbo-pump attached to each toilet. plus they're all automatic, which is nice. i don't gotta touch nuttin'...

i admit that if i touched someone else's "funk" that it probably wouldn't make a lick of difference to my health - in this case funk is different than "sick-germs" which could definitely make me ill.

but, just the thought of it is icky! and i bet you'll be hardpressed to find any doctor who won't agree that frequently washing your hands is always a good idea...no matter what.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Hello,

Washing your hands after going to the bathroom is less about the germs in the bathroom and more a matter of opportunity. We come into contact with some nasty germs all day long and the scum on our keyboards is just as dirty as the scum around a toilet.

Given that most people will visit the bathroom three or fours times in an average day, the opportunity exists to wash our hands of ALL the nasty germs we carry around...not just the ones that we recently picked up.

- Jeff

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Ahhh, a thread after my own heart. Anyone who has read another thread that I currently started will know that I have given this subject mucho thought.

It is my opinion that only 50% of men wash. The percentage of women is even worse but most of them don't come in as close vicinity with their lower portions as we do. I think everyone should wash.

What I don't get is the guys who do not flush after number 2. WTF are they thinking? What kind of conscious-less world do they live in?

Just the other day I saw someone at the urinal doing the hands-free method. He had his hands on his hips while doing his business. Since I didn't see any radiant light coming out of his crotch, I will assume he didn't have some holy penis as his posture would indicate. Obviously, he wanted to avoid touching his mini-me.

Anyhoo....

I also feel hoodwinked. Bamboozled.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
BTW, germs are not the only thing to worry about. There is the other matter of touching waste. I don't care how clean and germ-free is your urine, penis, feces, or whatever. I don't wanna touch it.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
I will give you guy's one more thing to worry about :)
Do you know that when you (or someone just before you) Flushes, it sends a micro particle aerosol mist throughout the restroom containing all of the bacteria and disgusting things from the toilet?
So now you have one more thing to do while you are washing your hands and opening the door with a paper towel....you need to be holding your breath....I actually try to do this and sometimes I almost pass out before I get out of the bathroom :D
Oh... and when you flush the toilet at home and your toothbrush is within a few yards of the toilet....well you get the picture :)

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
Hunter P wrote:
The percentage of women is even worse but most of them don't come in as close vicinity with their lower portions as we do. I think everyone should wash.
My wife was reading this thread along with me (and laughing just as much) and she would beg to disagree. Most women tend to make things clean afterward lest they really want to be uncomfortable and smell bad.
After reading this entire thread, I've come close to pissing myself several times. Rest assured that I would have washed my hands :D
De

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
In ancient times (circa 1970 before self-service gas) I worked graveyard shift as a gas station attendant at a large Shell station. I had the place all to myself from midnight to 7 am every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

One of my duties was to thoroughly mop out and clean the restrooms at about 4 am once the "after the bars close rush" subsided.

I would usually have to spend twice as much time cleaning the ladies room as the men's, often resorting to literally hosing down the whole room with a high pressure water hose.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Like Ryan, I also wash my hands before and after. I'm pretty compulsive about hand washing, I'm a physician and work in a community health center and I must wash my hands at least 15 to 20 times a day. And as a result, the skin on my hands are very dry and I have to constantly use hand lotion. Another thing is that most people don't wash their hands properly. OSHA guidelines on hand washing recommend that you wash your hands with soap and water for at least 15-30 seconds to eliminate bacteria. Now that may not sound like a long time but try it next time. One-mississippi....two-mississippi.......:D :D

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
OSHA guidelines on hand washing recommend that you wash your hands with soap and water for at least 15-30 seconds to eliminate bacteria. Now that may not sound like a long time but try it next time. One-mississippi....two-mississippi.......
I recall a news story on this very issue, which is now more evident here in Toronto with this SARS deal, and to effectively kill germs, you should wash your hands as long as it takes you to sing "Happy Birthday"...preferably in your head as you might charged the copy right fees;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would usually have to spend twice as much time cleaning the ladies room as the men's
Definitely. During my fast food years, the ladies room always required much more attention than the gents. It was unbelievable how filthy it would be.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
There is a guy at my job, who I have twice witnessed come out of a stall after doing a #2 and immediately proceed out the door without washing. The very thought of it makes me feel ill. After watching him do this twice, I was eating lunch in the company cafeteria one day, when this same #&$*)&#%*& blows his nose, then immediately comes up to me and extends his hand to introduce himself. Never before had I felt such revulsion toward another human being. Unfortunately I just couldn't refuse to shake his hand, but I made damn sure not to eat any more of my sandwich until I had washed my own hands. Filthy bastard. Why don't these people realize how disgusting they are?!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
eric, you have the willpower of a super-human. had that guy extended his hand to me, i don't think i could have done it. i just don't think i'm that strong...

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
One of the most memorable events of my life was when I tried to shake hands with my girlfriend's moms boyfriend and he just looked at me like i was an asshole. He was just being a jerk but that taught me that shaking hands is optional. Before him i would have shaken hands with that homeless bum that asks me for spare change but now I think twice. Rather than shaking hands with the man who's known to wipe without washing up i'd take him aside and tell him why i refused to shake his hand. he's probably write me off as a prude but next time he comes out of the stall he's more likely to wash up.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I've developed a 'Karate Kid' sense of balance over a lifetime of standing on one foot, using the other foot to hold the door open, and torquing my body to toss the paper towel used to grab the door handle.

I used to relieve myself at the urinals. However, I got tired of standing in the pool of other peoples splashback on the floor in front of the urinal. Toilets, while no sterile haven, at least provides a floor that doesn't marinate my soles in a populations pee pool.

Our Chief Auditor was notorious for NEVER washing his hands after using the bathroom. During a party, in which a cake was ordered for the dept., he was in charge of cutting the cake. A couple of colleagues came in the conf. room and quietly spread the word that the chief came directly from the bathroom to the party.

We all watched in horror as he cut the cake with his right hand and used his left hand to hold and plate each piece. Although most of the cake was entirely dispensed, almost none of the 'massaged' cake was eaten. Even bedouins would have been offended by this gross lack of consideration. There were even some not too imperceptible gags from those who got the warning too late.

On a side note...I know I'm not the only one happy with the advent of the personal cell phone and the extinction of the public pay phone. Talk about double whammy - the prospect of touching the handset, along with placing your mouth anywhere in vicinity of the mouthpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks