What's new

How can movies like "48 Hours" and "Risky Business" air on AMC? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
When I say that, I mean how can they air in their original versions?

I've ntoiced extensive amounts of R-rated movies airing on AMC in recent months, and figuring we probably have some viewers of the network still, I'll ask;

Is AMC still editing their titles, or are they airing uncensored but still pan-and-scan? The DVD_TV titles are excluded, since they air uncensored.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Possible AMC dialogue for "48 Hours": "I'm your worst nightmare...A brother with a badge and that means I've got permission to kick your butt whenever I feel like it."

Possible AMC dialogue for "Risky Business": "Sometimes you just gotta say 'What The Hell'?"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They played An Officer and a Gentleman uncut and OAR over a year ago. The language is pretty rough for broadcast, but it was intact.

TCM played the Exorcist uncut, and the language is even more shocking. Played in full.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
cable does not have the same restrictions as broadcast television. most any cable station can air whatever they want if they choose.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
FX recently has been playing R rated movies with no cuts and Comedy Central has aired South Park The Movie in the early morning hours uncut.

Paul

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Is AMC still editing their titles, or are they airing uncensored but still pan-and-scan? The DVD_TV titles are excluded, since they air uncensored
Since AMC almost always telecasts in 4:3 and always includes commercials, I only time-shift older movies that are already in 4:3 format. I have not noticed editing on these movies, but I may have missed something.

Both TCM and FMC are pretty good about OAR and no editing (and no interruptions).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
cable does not have the same restrictions as broadcast television. most any cable station can air whatever they want if they choose.
But, most censor themselves. It's still pretty shocking to hear the Exorcist uncut on a non-premium channel, even knowing there's nothing stopping it from happening. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks