What's new

How can I test if something is a mouse dropping? (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I drove the critter across town and dumped him in someone else's field.
Illegal mouse-dumping is a serious offence.

Besides, I can just imagine the conversation in the old Rathaus tonight:
"Has anyone seen Ernie?"
"He said he was going out for a snack and a quick poop, but that was hours ago."

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
We have a cat now so I don't think mice will be a problem this winter seeing the way this cat will attack a spider or any other thing that moves.
I have 2 cats... and one is a killing machine. This mouse, however, just travelled within the cabinets and only once made his way to the pantry where he opened a bag of corn meal. So, I don't think the cats even knew he was there.

That mouse must have thought he hit the jackpot with that cornmeal, though. There was a big pile of meal and turds behind it... he must've just sat there and gorged like a pig for hours.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Our family cat would hunt mice outdoors, but would never kill one inside. We once watched a mouse come up into the kitchen through the furnace duct, walk by the cat while she was eating (close enough to brush against her fur), and all the while the cat just munched away on her cat food and watched the mouse walk by.

I guess she thought any animals in the house were pets and belonged there. Outdoors, though, everything was fair game.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
eww, you got rid of a dozen mice with 4 snap traps???
I don't get that close to the trap+dead mouse, I throw the whole contraption away and use a new trap.

when I was in highschool we had a mouse "problem" It was pretty bad, mice were running across the garage floor in front of us, I think my mom saw one in the kitchen, so we started trapping, the bag of dog food was the hot spot, they'd chew through the bottom and eat the food. One morning I threw away a trap when I woke up, set another, and by the time I had gone inside and poured my cereal I heard *SNAP*

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
A fairly sure way of ridding yourself of mice is to remove the food source from them. Seal sugar and other boxes in plastic if they are on shelves mice can access (and mice are able to access the damndest places). Store cereal, etc. in bread boxes or drawers where possible, etc. and don't leave bread, candy, etc. out on the counters. If you are not repelled by the idea of a critter or two just being in your home with you, you can use this technique rather than kill the intruders, although hiding food takes more effort and discipline. I have heard there is a high-frequency sound emission unit you can buy at, say, Wal-Mart (sorry) that is effective in chasing mice out of the house, but this is untried by me. Seems to easy to work, you know?

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Once a mouse went into a rat trap...

...we had to use the pressure washer to clean up...

...the little guy didn't feel ANYTHING. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks