How can I remove wrinkles from DA-Lite screen?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by LeonDES, Sep 3, 2006.

1. LeonDES

LeonDES Extra

Hi,

I recently moved and in doing so my DA-Lite 92inch fixed screen got wrinkled.
    It was rolled up in a tube but apparently the weight of itself when the tube was standing up-right caused
    it to wrinkle the bottom half of the screen.

My question is, does anyone know how to remove wrinkles from the screen without damaging it?
    Can the screen be ironed or somthing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon

2. Alex/d

Alex/d Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure... but I'd try calling them up:
    1-800-622-3737

I'm sure they deal with this from time to time. Seems like all we have here at our school is DaLite, considering though, I live somewhere in Indiana.

3. LeonDES

LeonDES Extra

Thank you for your response. You are actually the only person that responded to my question on all the fourms I posted on.

Anyhow after hours of reading online I found someone who gave me some advice.

For those that might have a similar problem in the future what I did to fix the problem was I took a white t-shirt cut it in half so it wasnt so thick, then I usnapped my screen from the fixed frame layed it down on a towl. Next laid my t-shirt ontop of the screen and just used a normal Iron ontop of the t-shirt on high setting to get the wrinkles out. It did not remove them 100% but it got pretty close I would say about 97% of them gone and the screen is now watchable again.

" If you try this method please (MAKE SURE TO BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT RUSH IT A HOT IRON WILL EASILY BURN THE SCREEN if it gets in direct contact with it ) "

Anyhow hope that helps anyone else who has a similar issue one day.

4. Alex/d

Alex/d Stunt Coordinator

No problem [​IMG] Only reason I know about Da-Lite is we have them EVERYWHERE... it's not even funny. All the schools have them and they get damaged.... :/ So, no problem [​IMG]

5. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

Thank you.

My screen fell, and at 185" has a lot of wrinkles.