What's new

How can I get Internet Explorer to open windows that are maximized? (1 Viewer)

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I'm using IE 6.0 and when I open it it opes up already maximized, which is what I want. But if I'm surfing around and click on a link that open up in its own window, it is slightly smaller that maximized. Which it big enough not to notice but then the problem is when I go to close the window, I end up closing the one behind it which is very annoying.

So what settings do I need to change to stop this?

Thanks,
Chris Dias

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i always open the new window, then drag the corners to max size, then click x to close it.
then when i click the link to go back to the same page it now opens at max size.

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for the responses guys.

Patrick, I guess I'll download that program if I have to, but isn't there any way of doing this in the IE settings?

And Tony, the reason that doesn't work is that just out of laziness I like to just ram my mouse to the top right corner to close the window and that only works if it is actually maximized and not just really big.

Thanks again.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, I tried that IE tool it worked sort of the only thing wrong was I couldn't see my address bar when maximized. I didn't see anything in the options to be able to see the toolbar :frowning:

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
I've never been able to find a reliable way of keeping new IE windows maximized. I've been using the program I listed for about a year now, and it's been a godsend for me. I haven't had any glitches whatsoever with using the program. Of course another alternative to maximized IE windows would be to switch to a tabbed browser.

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I use the maximizer program from above. Works really well, but ocasionally it'll maximize a window you didn't really want maximized. But that makes sense if you think about it.

I tried using a tabbed browser for a while, but I have a dual monitor setup and it didn't make any sense to be limited to one screen w/ my browser. But a very good idea for the 99.9% of the people with one screen.

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
If you are willing to download and install it, Avant Browser adds some great functionality to the IE program. It is not a different browser, it uses all the IE stuff so everything works just like IE. It's kinda like and IE skin but allows you to open new windows with the click of the mouse wheel, all new windows open inside the program so you don't fill your taskbar with 15 IE browsers, and much more.

www.avantbrowser.com

A

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks