How can I get a corrected copy of Leon?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Edwin_M, May 29, 2002.

1. Edwin_M

Edwin_M Agent

I've had a copy of Leon The Professional since it was released but only recently I've found out about it's lack of 5.1 sound. How can I get a corrected copy?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Your best bet is to exchange it with the vendor, which is what most of us did.

To be precise: The original release didn't "lack" 5.1 sound, but there were problems with the mix on the 5.1 track (lack of bass and very low levels on the surrounds).

Before going through the trouble, you should confirm that you do indeed have the defective pressing. The corrected one has the number "06196" on the spine; the defective one has a number beginning with "04".

M.

3. Edwin_M

Edwin_M Agent

I can't exchange it with the vendor because I bought it back in August of 2000 and I checked with them and they don't accept exchanges after thirty days. Plus I don't have the reciept.

4. Michael Reuben

Then I guess your only recourse is to contact Columbia Tristar Home Video directly. I don't have that information, though.

M.

5. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I bought the new one at Best Buy and sold the screwy one to a record-exhange store for five bucks.

6. Edwin_M

Edwin_M Agent

I'm going to send it back to Columbia/Tristar then. Does anybody out there have any info on contacting them?

7. Michael Reuben

I'm sure they have a website, which should list contact information.

M.