What's new

How can I get a corrected copy of Leon? (1 Viewer)

Edwin_M

Agent
I've had a copy of Leon The Professional since it was released but only recently I've found out about it's lack of 5.1 sound. How can I get a corrected copy?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Your best bet is to exchange it with the vendor, which is what most of us did.

To be precise: The original release didn't "lack" 5.1 sound, but there were problems with the mix on the 5.1 track (lack of bass and very low levels on the surrounds).

Before going through the trouble, you should confirm that you do indeed have the defective pressing. The corrected one has the number "06196" on the spine; the defective one has a number beginning with "04".

M.

Edwin_M

Agent
I can't exchange it with the vendor because I bought it back in August of 2000 and I checked with them and they don't accept exchanges after thirty days. Plus I don't have the reciept.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Then I guess your only recourse is to contact Columbia Tristar Home Video directly. I don't have that information, though.

M.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I bought the new one at Best Buy and sold the screwy one to a record-exhange store for five bucks.

Edwin_M

Agent
I'm going to send it back to Columbia/Tristar then. Does anybody out there have any info on contacting them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks