What's new

How can I fix the red push on my XBR? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I've seen alot of information here on fixing red push but I haven't seen anything on the older Sony's. What I have is the XBR 250 that's now getting close to 3 years old.
I Used Avia back about a year ago on it to get things looking better & made a couple of changes in the service menu which helped out alot. But lately the reds a getting on my last nerve. Ever since I watched a couple of movies on my buddies RPTV (which was calibrated by a teck)The red in mine just looks like its gonna burn hole through the screen.
Not everything is that bad but a good example I can think of is in From Hell Heather Graham's red hair just drives me nuts. I don't know how to describe it other than it looks like there is a red light under it highlighting it. I've tried everything I can think of to clean it up but but when I change anything in the user menu it just washes everything else out.
Thanks for anyones help....

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I've managed to get my red push down to virtually 0 on my set and Heather's hair is still very red on that disc.

In any case, if you have an item called "Axis" in your XBR's service menu try experimenting with that, always remembering to write down the original value.

My set is a Sony KP57HW40 widescreen rptv, and changing Axis from 0 to 1 got rid of the red push. Don't know if this will work the same for your set.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks Steve, but that is what I keep seeing to do & my set dose not have Axis in its service menu. Dose anyone know if there was a differnt code for it on the older Wegas?
I think I'm gonna have to break down & buy another Avia disk (my last one got broke) & try to see if I can get it a little better this time.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks Allan, The first link you posted helped out. The only thing I could adjust was the AXPL but it helped enough to satisfy me for now.
The difference is night & day people no longer look like they are sun burnt. Even in different parts of LOTR where there is something wood it looks much more natural.
Thanks again for the help:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks