How bout a forum for those that dont upgrade at the drop of a hat?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ken thompson, Jun 7, 2002.

1. ken thompson

ken thompson Second Unit

Could we add a section dedicated to older equipment. I spent about $10K on my system about two years ago and am very happy with the equipment I have. Trouble is now my equipment is two years old and would probably have long been scrapped by most people here. Advice, tips, tweaks, and general conversation about ancient 2 year old equipment is a very scarse. Just an idea.

2. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Ken,

I think that you will find plenty of people on our forum that would still have the same gear as you, or would be able to carry out lengthy posts regarding your gear. Give it a try. 2 year old gear is not that old.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I agree with Steve-- much of my gear is 2+ years old, and I've never had trouble finding help. If you're having trouble it might have more to do with your particular gear not having many owners who hang here- which happens from time to time... but I don't think it is due to any bias towards newer gear.
    Whoops, I dropped my hat... off to upgrade.
    [​IMG]
    -V

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Ken asked:

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The spring wind-up mechanism on my vintage Victrola just broke. I posted in "Audio/Video Sources," asking where I could find a replacement spring, and no one was able to help. Damn. I have no way of being able to listen to my shellac 78s. Double damn.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jack, have you tried the vintage board on Audio Asylum?