What's new

How bout a forum for those that dont upgrade at the drop of a hat? (1 Viewer)

ken thompson

Second Unit
Could we add a section dedicated to older equipment. I spent about $10K on my system about two years ago and am very happy with the equipment I have. Trouble is now my equipment is two years old and would probably have long been scrapped by most people here. Advice, tips, tweaks, and general conversation about ancient 2 year old equipment is a very scarse. Just an idea.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Ken,

I think that you will find plenty of people on our forum that would still have the same gear as you, or would be able to carry out lengthy posts regarding your gear. Give it a try. 2 year old gear is not that old.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Steve-- much of my gear is 2+ years old, and I've never had trouble finding help. If you're having trouble it might have more to do with your particular gear not having many owners who hang here- which happens from time to time... but I don't think it is due to any bias towards newer gear.
Whoops, I dropped my hat... off to upgrade.
;)
-V

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ken asked:
How bout a forum for those that dont upgrade at the drop of a hat?
Geez, who would post there? Certainly no one I know! Doesn't everyone come here thinking that their systems are just right, but after reading a few posts realize that everything has to be upgraded? ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The spring wind-up mechanism on my vintage Victrola just broke. I posted in "Audio/Video Sources," asking where I could find a replacement spring, and no one was able to help. Damn. I have no way of being able to listen to my shellac 78s. Double damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks